Both employers and employees in Hong Kong often have headaches discussing whether to legislate maximum working hours In fact, the core issue is not how long the work is, but whether the employee’s work efficiency is high. A CEO in a foreign country tried to work 5 hours a day, and the total work efficiency rose instead of falling. What is the secret?
- Efficiency first improves employee health
How to provide employees with a balanced life and a comfortable and healthy working environment is the core of improving work efficiency According to the latest research report released by the University of Texas in the United States, the use of standing desks / height adjustable desks can increase work efficiency by as much as 46%.
In recent years, innovative office equipment such as electric adjustable desks has become popular in Europe and the United States In 2013, the American Medical Association pointed out the health problems caused by prolonged sitting and encouraged office workers to switch to standing desks that can be used in a sitting or standing position In Denmark, far away in Northern Europe, the labor law stipulates that employers are required to provide office equipment such as electric desks to employees.
- How to choose an electric adjustable desk that suits you?
When you have already considered buying an electric adjustable desk, you can refer to the following points:
- Generally, electric lift tables use motors to control the up and down speed of the table top, ranging from 16mm per second to 35mm per second The speed is not a big problem for health, but of course it is more suitable for people who lack patience.
- The total height of the table top of the electric adjustable table: Generally, the electric adjustable table can be raised to 1200mm, which is about 4 feet, so it is not a big problem even if you are six feet tall The lowest can generally reach 600mm, which is actually quite suitable for elementary school students
- Desktop: Generally, electric adjustable desks allow users to choose three or four different colors And Ergoseatings, based in Hong Kong, has made a big breakthrough Users can customize the desktop shape, size, color, material (MDF, fireproof board, or even solid wood), the number or size of desktop openings, and even add tables and cabinets, so that users can find the most ergonomic design
- Other accessories: To match an electric desk and make it ergonomic, users can also consider adding accessories such as keyboard holders, wire trays, and even shelves, etc. If you want to burn more calories, you can even add a walking machine under the electric lift table
- Friends with a limited budgetcan consider lifting the countertop "desk table"
If you feel that buying an electric lifting table and installing it is too much work, you may wish to consider this table lifting table Just put the countertop lifting platform on your original countertop, and just pull the handle lightly, you can change your working environment into a standing workplace! It is most suitable for friends who do not have much space and want to practice standing work
The snail house can stand and work! The table top lift "desk table" is the best choice
- Ergonomic Lift Chair
Ergonomic chairs can help reduce back pain from long work hours Basically the design concept is based on health and work efficiency Ergonomic chairs allow you to relax whether you are working at home or in the office
In today's society, most people spend most of their time on computers, whether they are working, entertaining or socializing. Even children in the family spend more and more time using computers Therefore, the following design considerations should be considered when selecting the appropriate ergonomic chair:
1) Can support the curve of the spine, the backrest should be between 12 and 19 inches wide;
2) The seat and backrest should be able to be adjusted elastically;
3) The height of the seat must be adjustable so that the feet can be placed flat on the ground and the arms can match the height of the desk;
4) The width of the seat and its depth should be comfortable for you There should be a distance of 1 to 2 inches from the edge of the seat cushion to your knees so that you can rest snugly against the back of the seat;
5) When seated, arms and shoulders rest comfortably and easily on the armrests of the chair;
6) The seat cushion of the chair should be comfortable under prolonged use
Summary: Don't stay in one sitting position for too long
If you can keep "moving" at all times, it is the only way to improve occupational diseases caused by work such as low back pain But remember that even when using a power adjustable desk, allocate time for standing and sitting based on personal comfort, body shape or the work you are doing